Ceramic Bird With Gold Detailing, Rare Glaze
Shana Victor is the founder of Shana Logic, but she's also a ceramic artist specializing in sculptures of birds and other woodland creatures. Her work mixes the beauty of the natural world with the concepts of loss and mortality.
About this piece:
Title: Large Bird from the "Absence" series
- Size: Approx 10.5" long x 6" wide
- Materials: Terracotta Clay, Cone 6 glaze, Porcelain Slip, Enamel
- Fired with a unique distressed looking experimental glaze giving it an aged "fossil-like" appearance
- Finished with gold enamel detailing
- This piece looks best on a shelf because of its interesting glazing details. It does have a small notch in the back for hanging, but please be careful that it's enforced and the right nail for holding a heavy piece and is out of the way of traffic as it's 6" deep.
- Signed by the artist
Shipping: Due to the fragile nature of this piece, this item requires special shipping and handling which is built into the price. Please allow 5 business days to ship.